1. Niigata has a large international airport that regularly receives flights from various Europen and Asian countries. Many travelers come here through Tokyo - from the capital of Japan, the city can be reached by high-speed train in two hours.
2. Thrifty tourists traveling through Tokyo usually use the services of intercity buses. This way of transportation is cheaper, but instead of two hours by train, you will have to spend more than five hours on the way from Tokyo to Niigata.
3. Niigata is famous for its natural attractions. Fans of outdoor activities and tours will be more interested in visiting these places in the warm season.
4. Japanese yen is generally accepted in Niigata while paying in a different currency can be problematic. It's recommended to exchange money at home before the trip. That's how you make an exchange at the most favorable rate.
6. In Niigata, you will find hotels of various levels, including traditional Japanese-style Ryokans. They are distinguished not only by special room arrangement - many traditional hotels have their own thermal centers.
7. Niigata is characterized by a low crime rate so you can walk through the night streets without any worries. Nevertheless, tourists shouldn't forget about basic precautions.
The picturesque port city of Niigata has many interesting symbols and traditions. Travelers who want to get acquainted with the traditions of the indigenous population tend to visit the city … Open
9. Niigata would be an interesting destination for the winter holidays. In the immediate vicinity of the city, you can visit Judzava Ski Resort ideal for families.
10. Besides restaurants, gourmets should pay attention to local fish markets. Here you can buy rare sea delicacies and cook them right at the market for a small additional fee.
11. Seafood restaurants located near the markets offer especially attractive prices. That's where you can taste salmon roe for small money.
12. The city boasts of several excellent beaches available for relaxation in the warm season. These beaches are sandy and shallow so suitable for recreation even with the smallest children.
13. Those who are fond of cooking should pay attention to shops selling knives and other kitchen utensils made of steel. All of them are of the highest quality and can last more than a hundred years given the proper care.
14. Tourists who want to take some memorable photos in an extraordinary place should head to Furumachi geisha quarter. Here you can see sculptures depicting comic book characters and many other decorations, against which you can take exceptional pictures.
15. Wealthy tourists should pay attention to hotels located in modern skyscrapers. If you choose a room on one of the upper floors, you can enjoy a panoramic view of the city.