1. The majority of the locals speak English very well, so travelers will find it easy to communicate with local people.
2. Leaving tips in cafes and restaurants is not common, but you can reward a waiter with an amount equal to 5 - 10% of the bill. In taxi it’s common to round the invoice amount to the nearest whole dollar.
3. The majority of popular shopping centers and shops are open seven days a week, but banks and other government agencies may be closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
4. When visiting some religious sites, taking photos and videos is prohibited. Also, travelers are not allowed to make pictures of strategically important sites - the station, the city’s airport, bridge and other special buildings.
6. In this city you cannot smoke in places with large numbers of people, or places close to major public and cultural institutions. However, there are specially designated areas for smoking close to all major shopping malls, restaurants and bars.
7. In Hong Kong you will find an excellent system of public transport that can get you to all interesting sights by buses and subways. In order to make your travelling even easier, you can buy a city map showing bus routes.
Local people are very sensitive to issues related to education. A person with a prestigious profession is respected by everyone. Teachers are all considered to be wise men. Local people tend … Open