1. Raining season in Manila is considered to be from June till October. During the season travelers are advised to be backed up with umbrellas as it may start raining out of a sudden. The rains cover mountain areas more frequently.
2. Setting of on holiday to Manila one should definitely get all the necessary sun protecting means including creams and sprays. Even if the open air leisure is not a major part of a vacation plan still these means will be of great use. Those looking to visiting natural attractions will also need insect protection means.
Purchases and services are recommended to be paid in national currency only. In this case the exchange rate will be the most profitable. One may exchange currency in one of the numerous exchange offices. The highest fee for transaction is charged by the offices located on the premises of the hotels.
4. Tipping is welcome for any service. In restaurants, cafes as well as in taxis and beauty parlors the tips should equal up to 10% of the total service cost. In some restaurants the service cost is included into the bill. In this case the tips may be reduced to 3 – 5%.
6. Tourists looking to visiting night clubs and casinos should have passport by oneself. The admittance to some entertaining centers is limited with the age of 21, thus guests under 21 will not be admitted and the passport will help to avoid troubles.
7. Major part of local people has an excellent command of English language that makes it rather easy to set contacts with local folks. Some phrases learned in native language will be a great way to show respect towards the local culture and will help to predispose companions.
Manila is a city located on the Luzon Island. This is one of the most dynamic and modern cities in the south-east Asia. Manila has a very good infrastructure and is known as a conglomerate … Open
9. Despite of the fact that casual style in outfit is accepted by local culture almost in any situation still one should not overuse the outré dresses and suits. Setting off to sightseeing tour through religious landmarks one should give preference to classic style outfit.
Philippines: travelling advices8. You should bring a windbreaker if you plan to visit or live near the rice terraces. It might be cool out there. You can also get Japanese encephalitis near terraces.
9. Filipinos are religious people. They are reverent about temples and Holy places. You should not run, shout, and make noise in such places. You also should not appear in overly revealing outfits there.
10. Toilets are called comfort rooms in the Philippines. Accordingly, they can be designated as "CR". There are many toilets everywhere. They are often paid. You can also enter toilets in hotels, bars, and shops. Toilet paper may not be inside. You can find it somewhere outside the booth.
11. Smoking in public places is almost universally prohibited. Compliance with this rule is strictly monitored. Smoking on the beach can result in a large fine. A three-time violation entails a restriction of freedom for a period of three days. There is no ban on drinking alcohol in the Philippines. But locals may look at you with disapproval if you drink alcohol in a public place. … Open