1. It is better to go to Shanghai in the spring. The weather is very comfortable here at this time. In addition, there are not many tourists here at this time of year. The main influx of them begins in June. In addition, you can get to the cherry blossom blooming season in March. Yes, you can see trees completely covered with white and pink flowers not only in Japan.
2. It is not recommended to go here in the summer. A huge metropolis turns into almost a 24-hour sauna due to the numerous skyscrapers and the heat. The air is getting pretty dirty. Most likely, you will have to wear a mask on the street. It's pretty cold here in the winter. Please note that heating is not provided in the houses. You will have to warm up with the help of air conditioners here.
3. It is convenient to move around the city by public transport. Metro and buses will take you almost anywhere in Shanghai. However, it is worth remembering that the metro is open until 22.30. If you want to go somewhere after this time, then you will have to look for an alternative.
4. You can take a taxi on the street here. Please note that the checkers of the free car glow green. The cost of the trip is calculated on the counter plus $2 for boarding.
6. Shanghai is a very safe country. It's almost impossible to face some serious crime here. However, it is recommended to take care of pockets and handbags on busy streets. This is due to the fact that petty theft still occurs.
7. It is better to choose options that are close to metro stations when choosing a hotel. This will allow you to get to the sights quickly. Most of the hotels and tourist facilities are located on the west shore of the Huangpu River. This area is called the Puxi. Pudon is located on its eastern shore. This is the business center of the city. Housing prices are significantly higher here.
If you have never visited China before, then Shanghai will surely impress you with its culture of behavior and traditions. For example, it is not customary to turn to a person by name here. … Open
9. Products can be bought in supermarkets. However, there are also features here. For example, the cost of fruit is indicated for 500 g. Eggs are sold by the piece in the local supermarkets. You will not find dairy products easy here. However, this is specific in many Asian countries.
10. Language difficulties may occur during the trip. Not many locals speak English. However, you will find price tags in English in some stores. All inscriptions in the metro are also duplicated in English. Of course, this will be ideal if you find a guide to accompany you on the Internet in advance. This service is very popular in China.
11. Keep in mind that there are a huge number of people here. You will have to adapt to moving in a dense crowd on the streets. Locals, for example, do not hesitate to push passersby with their elbows to clear the way.
12. A traditional breakfast with coffee, scrambled eggs or toast is not served in most hotels. Most likely, you will see Chinese noodles and wontons on the table. If there is coffee, it will be sweet and with milk.
13. It is allowed to smoke in restaurants and cafes here. It is not forbidden to do this even in the hotels.
14. There is Internet in most hotels. However, the traffic is low. You will hardly be able to call on Skype or to watch a movie online.
15. Credit cards are not accepted everywhere. Therefore, be sure to have cash.
16. Food is generally safe here. The main thing is not to forget about hygiene. Be sure to wash your hands before eating. You shouldn't drink tap water. Be sure to buy bottled water.
17. It is not customary to leave a tip, especially in small cafes and restaurants.
18.You can buy food from hawkers without fear. As a rule, sellers take care of their reputation and the quality of products.
19. There are pharmacies here, of course. However, it is recommended to take vital medicines with you.
20.There are many sellers who try to sell nonsense for a lot of money or offer some services at an unreasonably high price for tourists on the streets. It is recommended refusing such offers.