1. Smokers should keep in mind that smoking is banned everywhere all over the central districts of the city and in the streets as well. Some public establishments and restaurants feature specially designated smoking areas The current smoking rules in any establishment should be specified in advance.
2. An optimum way to get from an airport to the city center is by Skybus being the cheapest way. A trip to the center of the city will take not more than 40 minutes. The buses are running in 15 minute intervals. Tourists may as well opt for taxi service.
3. The most popular type of public transport in the city of Sapporo is considered to be a tram running to almost all landmark and district of the city. Another way to cruise the city is by underground. However this way of travelling through the city is a bit more expensive.
4. Sparing tourists and those guests planning to travel much by public transport should buy a travel pass for a day or a couple of days being a perfect way to save costs. It should be noted that on weekends and holidays the cost of trip by public transport is by half higher than average cost of a trip on weekdays.
6. Tourists wishing to save costs on visiting of local restaurants are advised to focus on local cafes serving excellent noodle and various ethnic treats. The establishments of the kind feature not only attractive prices but a high quality of dishes and service as well.
7. Despite the city of Sapporo being considered a peace and quiet city tourists are recommended to keep to simple safety measures. Tourists should not set to the exploration of remote areas of the city alone late in the evening. In public places one should keep an eye on private things and valuables.
Restaurants and cafes of ethnic cuisine are predominating in the city of Sapporo. True eastern cuisine admirers will have an excellent chance to enjoy the greatest assortment of favorite … Open
9. Many museums and other objects of tourist attraction get closed rather early. That is why working schedules should be specified in advance in a hotel or in any tourist information office.