1. Make sure you have checked the calendar of religious holidays before your travel. The reason for this is that many government agencies may be closed during holidays, and restaurants and cafes suspend the sale of alcoholic beverages.
2. Jewelry should be purchased in major shopping centers only. Inexperienced travelers can purchase fake gold or gold of a lower standard in the city’s markets.
3. You should always bargain in markets. Sometimes this helps to reduce the price in several times.
4. The system of public transport is not a strong point of the city. Therefore, it is recommended to travel by taxi. You can also rent a car. As a rule, rental offices are located near major hotels.
6. In large restaurants tips are already included in the total amount of the bill. As a rule, tips estimate 10 - 15% of the bill. In the cafes and bars you can leave a similar reward to a waiter.
7. Drinking alcohol on the city’s streets is strictly forbidden. Offenders of this rule will have to pay a large fine.
Abu Dhabi has a number of unique hotels known far beyond the country. One of those places is Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi. It occupies a large-scale modern building of unusual shape, part of which … Open
9. When you prepare for a walk in the city, we suggest taking photocopies of your documents with you. The police often conduct raids on the streets. By the way, they often work without uniform. As a rule, the majority of checks are performed close to major shopping centers, in the main squares and markets.
10. Guests are not recommended to make trips and walks during the period from 11:00 to 14:00 - the sun is the most dangerous during this time of a day.
11. While visiting markets, restaurants and other public places make sure you take all items with your right hand – this is the rule of the local etiquette. Giving money to sellers, waiters and taxi drivers should be also done with the right hand.
12. If a seller in a shop or a local resident offers to drink a cup of coffee with him, there’s no way you can refuse. It will be a sign of disrespect.