1. Fans of noisy entertainment and bars have to consider that there are no nightclubs and other entertainment venues in Sharjah. You mustn’t consume alcohol at the emirate; there are no hookah cafes that are represented in abundance in many neighboring tourist areas.
2. Very strict rules apply to appearance; any extravagant and provocative clothes won’t be tolerated in Sharjah. It concerns not only ladies, but also men who are used to go for a walk in shorts.
3. Going out for shopping, be sure to learn the important local rule telling that bargaining in Sharjah is appropriate literally everywhere. Seasoned travelers recommend bargaining using a special scheme cutting half of the price named. Bargaining usually helps to reduce the price by 30 %.
4. You can go for vacation literally at any time of the year, as sunny weather reigns in Sharjah 12 months a year. Fans of excursions and hiking will feel comfortably in winter, when the air temperature is the lowest making out about 25 degrees Celsius. The hottest period is from June to August, this time the day temperature rarely drops below +40 C.
6. Shoppers are sure to be pleased with prices at local markets and shops. They are much lower than in neighboring emirates; however, the quality of goods remains at a high level.
7. In many entertainment venues and museums entrance for young children is absolutely free. Every child under the age of majority has discount on visiting cultural and recreational venues.
Your active city break in Sharjah. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Sharjah is an attractive holiday destination for those who like shopping; walks around shops are among its top attractions. The Central Market is notable, as there are more than five hundred … Open
9. Those who won’t part with a camera during vacations should be extremely careful. Taking photographs of local women is strictly prohibited; making photos of religious and cultural objects is possible only after obtaining permission from the staff.