1. Locals are very friendly and tolerant of tourists who can always ask them for help. Travelers are expected to show respect for the local culture and follow all the local rules. To make it easier to get in good with the locals, be sure to learn a couple of phrases in their native language.
2. Be sure to follow elementary safety rules on vacation. Despite the fact that the resort is a pretty calm place, pickpockets and fraudsters can be met everywhere. One should not leave personal belongings unattended and exchange currency from private individuals, no matter how tempting the offer is.
3. The locals cannot be called punctual, so if your guide is a bit late for the tour or you're waiting for an order at a restaurant longer than usual, you should not be offended. This behavior should be treated as one of the national features rather than a manifestation of disrespect.
4. It's best to prepare some national currency before going to stores and markets, some sellers can also accept US dollars but the rate will be extremely unprofitable. Nevertheless, international credit cards are accepted in large supermarkets, shopping malls, and restaurants.
6. The best time for holidays is from March to November. At other seasons, vacation programs may be ruined by thunderstorms taking place literally every day.
7. Special signs with a tide schedule are installed at each local beach. Swimming can be difficult at this time, ebbs and flows happen on the island all year round.
The city's main attraction is Puputan Square, which has witnessed many significant historical events. It was on this square that the local raja committed suicide in 1906 when a protest … Open
9. Most beaches are municipal, so the entrance is absolutely free. Additional fees can only be charged for hiring beach equipment.
10. As memorable souvenirs, tourists prefer to bring home interesting handicrafts by local artisans, colorful masks, wood products, as well as jewelry. In local markets, visitors will be offered pearl and mother-of-pearl jewelry at the most attractive prices.