1. Despite the fact that Singapore is quite a calm and safe city, travelers should not forget about basic safety rules. It is not recommended to go to remote districts in the evenings and make walks with valuable items and large sums of money.
2. You will need to follow the order on the streets of the city - do not litter, smoke and eat in non-designated areas. Breaking of this rule can lead you to very costly fines.
3. During your travels around the city feel free to ask the police to help you – there are policemen literally on every street. They will help you navigate the city and tell how to get to main attractions and places of interest.
4. Eating chewing gum in the city is not allowed. Its import is also prohibited by law.
6. The city is convenient to travel by subway. On weekdays the subway is open from half-past five in the morning (on weekends - from six in the morning) and works until midnight.
7. Taxi in Singapore is very cheap. It even will be the savviest and most convenient transport for those tourists, who travel with a company. You can catch a taxi on any street of the city – all you need to do is to raise your hand.
Family holidays with kids in Singapore City. How to entertain your child, things to show to children.
Not every city in the world can offer such a variety of exciting activities for families and travelers with children as Singapore does. Here you will find absolutely anything needed for an … Open
9. The line voltage here is 220 V, so make sure you check all electrical appliances for compatibility before the trip.
10. Singapore is one of several cities where you can drink tap water.
11. There are really many rickshaws in the city, however, this type of transport is more a tourist attraction than an effective mean of transportation. Those, who want to enjoy the local beauty, should definitely use the services of a rickshaw.
Singapore: travelling advices7. In Singapore, it is absolutely safe to drink tap water. The government makes quite high demands on sanitation while drinking bottled water in the country is not cheap.
8. The following characteristics are taken into account when choosing a beach: Palawan Beach is more suitable for family holidays, Siloso Beach accommodates all kinds of entertainment for thrill-seekers (surfing, canoeing, night parties), the beach zone of Tanjong is a romance for couples.
9. Do not buy sim cards, home appliances, souvenirs in the airport's shopping centers. In the city, the prices for these goods are lower by nearly half.
10. Prepare as much cash as possible. Given all the technological advancement of the country, not all services can be paid with a card. Thus, the purchase of a subway token often requires a cash payment. … Open