1. National currency is an optimum way to pay for purchases and services. Currency exchange service is rendered by banks and exchange centers. One should keep in mind that the exchange rate will totally depend on face-value. The highest rates are offered for high face-value. Taxi drivers and merchants accept USD however the exchange rate will not be as profitable as banks or exchange offices offer.
2. Tips are welcome on Phuket. Restaurants, day spas and taxi drivers will be enough of 7% addition. Hotel maids, guides and hair stylists are usually enough of 20 bahts. Tips in notes are more preferable than in coins.
3. Setting off to a walking tour one should have a hotel card by oneself as the island is packed with various hotels and some of them are of the same or identical names. The hotel card will help to avoid misunderstanding a find a way back to the hotel.
4. Only experienced drivers are recommended to rent a car as local drivers do not obey traffic regulations thoroughly thus making foreign drivers to be careful on the roads.
6. Tourists will easily discover street call boxes scattered all around the area of the island. The call boxes offer optimum rates for intercity and international calls. They operate special phone cards sold in news stalls and some stores. Hotels charge much higher rates for calls.
7. Tourists heading for temples and religious landmarks exploration should thoroughly choose an outfit. The outfit should cover a body and should not be too bright. Head should be covered on entering any sacred place. Commonly special capes at 100 bahts are sold near any temple or religious landmark.
Your active city break in Phuket. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Phuket is a favorite destination for beach recreation fans and sport entertainment enthusiasts. The island is known for its show white beaches and natural reservations. The most famous beach … Open