1. The easiest way to get to Nagasaki is through Tokyo or Shanghai. From these cities, Nagasaki can be reached by plane or high-speed train. A domestic flight from Tokyo will take less than two hours.
2. If the time for exploring city attractions is limited, it is firstly worth taking a tour of the area adjacent to the port. Directly in the port area, you can sign up for a boat trip.
3. The city has a large selection of hotels at various levels. Some of the most attractive hotels with affordable prices are located near the train station.
4. Thrifty tourists should pay attention to restaurants serving traditional Japanese cuisine. Most of them have attractive prices, while hotel restaurants are the most expensive.
6. It is important to note that the quality of food is high even in budget restaurants and cafes. Even demanding tourists will be surprised by the beautiful presentation and quality of food in Nagasaki.
7. Nagasaki would be an interesting destination for fans of event tourism. Interesting holidays are held here all year round, and tourists can join them.
The city is located in a picturesque bay surrounded by mountains from all sides. For a long time Nagasaki was the only port city that enables the communication with Europe. In 1945 the city … Open
9. Nagasaki is quite a big city, in each area of which there are interesting sights to explore. The most convenient way to travel around the city is by tram. It'd be profitable for active tourists to buy a transport pass.
10. By Glover Sky Road, you can quickly get to the top of the mountain. Here you can find a beautiful park, as well as some of the most attractive viewing points in Nagasaki.
11. Visiting some city parks with ponds, it is worth paying attention to interesting entertainment. Vacationers are allowed to feed fish inhabiting such ponds. Special fish food is usually sold right in the park.
12. Shopping enthusiasts should prepare some cash. Credit cards may not be accepted in some small shops and small souvenir shops.
13. Apart from restaurants, confectioneries are widespread in the city. At some of them, visitors are offered to taste specialty sweets and excellent tea for free.
14. For inexperienced tourists, It can be quite difficult to navigate the city, as signs in English are rare here. All those planning long walks should take care of a detailed city map in advance.
15. Entrance to local Buddhist temples is available to adherents of any religion. When visiting some temples, however, certain rules must be taken into account. For example, one needs to take off shoes at the entrance and avoid wearing too bright and revealing clothes.