1. Fans of the evening entertainment have to consider that after 9:00 pm the city literally freezes, as the majority of dining places and shops are closed. In the evening, the busiest place is the bus station area, which has a night market; you can find attractive restaurants and bars there.
2. You can go for a trip at any time of the year. The hottest period is from March to May, at this time excursions won’t be very pleasant. The rainy season is from June to November, but rains are often short-lived, so they won’t spoil the program.
3. Experienced travelers recommend refusing services of travel agencies that are situated literally on every street in Chiang Rai. The fact is that their services are very expensive, so it’s better to call private guides who work at local hotels.
4. Travelers who expect a rich program of excursions should definitely check TAT license of a guide or office. It is the main guarantee that the tour would be interesting and informative.
6. Tung garden is open to visitors all around the clock. Those who wish to diversify the rest with unusual entertainment are recommended to visit it in the evening, as after dark, square looks simply inimitable.
7. Going shopping at the market, be sure to bargain, as it certainly will reduce the price. Bargaining shouldn’t be taken too seriously, as it has become an exciting game for local residents. Sometimes you can’t reduce the price, but the seller may present an original souvenir.
Chiang Rai is often called the city of endless festivals, as a lot of interesting events are held here throughout the year. Its brightest holidays are held in February, April and November. … Open